CRUISE THE PLANET
Our mission here is to provide information that will fully prepare readers for travel. We do that a variety of way, often referencing resource information have gathered over the years. Here, we share that with you. Also see
Also see these helpful planning pages:
- DEALS– The latest offers, as presented by major cruise lines and travel sources, updated as we receive them.
- AIR– A collection of our best tips for airlines and airfare.
- LUXURY– Our latest posts about luxury travel.
- CUISINE– Dining is a big part of the cruise experience. We explore that topic here.
General Travel Information
- Airport Codes– the three letter code for all major airports
- List Of All Airlines – every single one of them
- List Of All Cruise Ships– if it floats, it’s on this list
- Cruise Ship Deck Plans – all of them- we have been using this site for 15 years. It’s always accurate.
- Park & Cruise Hotel Search– actually a travel agent tool so booking here is not possible. Still, this renders a nice list to choose from
- Cruise Ship International Maritime Signal Flags- There is one for every letter of the alphabet and they all mean something
Always an option, insurance is a good choice for many but not all travelers.
- Travel Protection Options And Pricing By Cruise Line– a nice list of what every cruise line offers
- Travelguard Travel Protection– because we travel quite a bit, an annual plan makes sense and is cost efficient
- Forget Cancellation: Better Reasons For Travel Insurance– specific information for those who book travel with the idea that they will ‘make it to the ship unless they die’.
- Travel Insurance: If Not Full Coverage, Medical-Only Is Kind Of A No-Brainer– a lower cost way to cover what might be the most important part of the overall expendature
- Sunrises And Sunsets At Sea: Photo Tips And Examples
- A Guide To Street Photography
- Critical Mobile Device Photos Bring Travel Comfort
- Cruise Trip Tips: Orientation Photos
- My Viking Story In Photos And Reflection
- Center For Disease Control – Zika Virus Information– a government resource that also reports outbreaks of norovirus
- Healthy Travel Information– specific information from the CDC
- Managing Diabetes On A Cruise– tips for getting the most out of a cruise on a restricted diet
Recommended Travel Gear and Products
These are products and service providers we actually use on a regular basis and highly recommend.
- Luggage- Tumi
- Travel Blazer- Bluffworks Travel Clothing (reviewed)
- Electronics– HyperShop
- Travel Clothing- No-Iron Men’s Shirts
- Camera Gear- B&H Photo, Adorama
- Travel Organizers– TripIt
- International Cellular Service – T-Mobile
- Business Cards- VistaPrint
- Travel Snacks- KIND Bars
Cruise Line Facts And Links
- Traveling Light: Concealed Weapons In Your Packing Arsenal
- A Number Helpful Egypt Packing List Suggestions
- Designing Your European River Cruise Packing List
- River Cruise Packing List Superstars: Don’t Leave Home Without Them
- Practice Packing, Itinerary Review All Part Of Pre-Cruise Countdown
- Travel With Only Carry On Luggage: Here’s How
From The Travel Channel