Norwegian Cruise Line‘s 4,000-passenger Norwegian Bliss has been designed for the ultimate cruising experience and will sail to Alaska and the Caribbean with select voyages to the Mexican Riviera beginning in June 2018. New 167,800-ton Norwegian Bliss will be packed with many firsts at sea including the largest competitive race track at sea and an open-air laser tag course. The ship’s new features will support Norwegian’s trademark Freestyle Cruising concept in a number of new and different ways. Norwegian Bliss features include a mind-boggling number of dining and drinking venues along with a vibrant onboard atmosphere fueled by dynamic intimate spaces. Let’s take a look.
“Norwegian Bliss will no doubt be our most incredible ship to date,” said Andy Stuart, Norwegian Cruise Line president and chief executive officer. “We have elevated Norwegian Bliss’s onboard experience to new heights, bringing the best features from across our fleet plus exciting new first-at-sea activities like the largest race track and new dining concepts to create the ultimate cruising experience.”
- Two Level Electric Car Race Track-The competitive track, the longest at sea at nearly 1,000 feet, will rev up the hearts of all who race around her many twists and turns with four speed settings accommodating novice, intermediate and advanced drivers, reaching up to 30 miles per hour — with a special “turbo boost” available on each lap. The electric cars run silent so as to not disturb those seeking to enjoy the serene environment. But guests will have the full racing experience while they channel their inner Andretti, as the sounds of a race car engine are piped in through speakers located in the car’s headrest.
- Open-Air Laser Tag Course-Themed as an abandoned space station, the course comes to life both day and night as guests go into stealth-mode and compete against family and friends with state-of-the art laser guns.
- Water Features – Cruise travelers aboard Norwegian Bliss can cool down at one of the ship’s two spacious pools or choose from six infinity hot tubs that scale the side of the ship. The Aqua Park includes two multi-story water slides; the high-speed Ocean Loops Free Fall Slide includes two exhilarating loops, one that extends out over the side of the ship and a second see-through loop that stretches down to the deck below, sure to offer a wet and wild ride. The Tandem Aqua Racerslide allows side-by-side races on inner tubes for more than 360 feet.
- Fun For Kids- Junior cruisers will enjoy the Kids’ Aqua Park, a watery wonderland of splash pads, water cannons, tipping buckets, and slides. Smaller children will like Splash Academy, the fleet’s award-winning complimentary youth program.
- Texas Smokehouse, Q, where guests will be able to tap their boots to the beat of live contemporary pop country music each night as they indulge in authentic Texas barbeque in a sleek urban setting
- Los Lobos serves elevated Mexican cuisine, an upscale, modern take on traditional favorites like fresh guacamole prepared tableside, al pastor tacos, enchiladas de mole, handcrafted margaritas featuring private-label Patron Barrel Select, Norwegian’s own tequila blend, and more.
- Coco’s is a completely new à la carte dessert venue where liquid chocolate in an enclosed oversized chocolate fountain will adorn its entranceway. Coco’s will feature handmade pralines, truffles, crepes and other decadent treats paired with fine coffees and teas.
- The Best Of Norwegian Specialty Restaurants- signature à la carte restaurants include French cuisine at Le Bistro; the tastes of Tuscany at La Cucina; the finest fresh seafood at Ocean Blue; global fusion cuisine featuring sushi, dumplings, handhelds and more at Food Republic; Cheeseburgers in Paradise® at Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville® at Sea; and handmade cupcakes and macarons at The Bake Shop. Teppanyaki, the brand’s family-favorite Japanese hibachi steakhouse will also be onboard at cover charge pricing.
- The Best Of Norwegian’s Drinking Venues– The District Brew House will serve 24 beers on tap and more than 50 bottled beers, The Cellars, A Michael Mondavi Family Wine Bar will offer a curated wine list featuring 35 grape varietals
- The Mandara Spa will offer 24 treatment rooms, a full-service salon and barber shop, fitness center and thermal suite.
- The Fitness Center will offer latest state-of-the-art TechnoGym® cardiovascular and strength training equipment, as well as personal training and group fitness classes including TRX, Norwegian Fight Club, RYDE Cycle and more.
- The Gigantic Themal Suite- will be an exclusive enclave of relaxation with17 heated stone loungers. Passes to the exclusive enclave of relaxation will be available for purchase for a limited number of guests each sailing.
During her inaugural summer season, Norwegian Bliss will sail weekly seven-day Alaska cruises each Saturday from Pier 66 at the Port Of Seattle, where she will be the largest and most innovative ship to ever seasonally home port on the West Coast.
The ship’s Alaska itinerary will feature calls in Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway and Victoria, British Columbia, along with scenic glacier cruising. Norwegian Bliss will sail her inaugural Winter season beginning in November 2018, sailing seven-day Eastern Caribbean cruises each Saturday from PortMiami, featuring calls in St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands; Tortola, British Virgin Islands and Nassau, Bahamas. For more information on Norwegian Bliss, please visit bliss.ncl.com.
This video brings more on the new Norwegian Bliss features