As we end our sailing with Holland America Line for Oprah’s Year Of Adventure Cruise, it is time to look back on the 7-day voyage, photo by photo. Here, a collection of my favorite photos from memorable places and events experienced on our cruise to Alaska from Seattle.
Actually, we do have more photos via our Flickr Photo Albums- just photos, no words: all the images we capture, free to share and use as you wish with attribution.
- Travel Day- Making my way from Orlando to Seattle then on to the ship. Strongly suggested: one of the few non-stop flights available if booked far enough in advance.
- Oprah’s Share The Adventure Guide– a complete overview of new programming introduced on our sailing to already engaging Holland America Line programming.
- The Port of Seattle- The convenient cruise port where we begin and end our voyage. Pier 91 is the farther away from the airport option. Pier 66 is closer. Pier 91 enables more of a view of the city on the way to the ship.
- Seattle Embarkation- getting on the ship in Seattle then going directly to our staterooms, all of which were ready upon our arrival. A huge factor for those of us who travel with carry on luggage only and refuse to let anyone else handle it.
- America’s Test Kitchen comes to sea on Holland America Line bringing new life to the Culinary Arts Center
- Angela Davis– Fitness Evangelist gets Holland America travelers up out of their seats for an inspiring at sea work out
- Just Breathe- Holland America travelers start the day the right way with meaningful meditations and daily intentions
- Eurodam Open Decks- random photos from around the ship in no apparent order
- Holland America Line Room Service- Simply some of the best in the business and one feature I rarely have enough time to explore. Kudos for offering a taste of specialty restaurants in a boxed lunch sort of way delivered to your stateroom.
- Stateroom 4158- a nicely-appointed standard Verandah stateroom, typical of others on ms Eurodam and the rest of the Holland America fleet. Special treat: recently retrofitted to include lots of USB ports
- Holland America Crew– random shots of crew members going about their day
- Seen At Sea- random images of other ships and interesting thing we saw while sailing
- Juneau Alaska– seen with Holland America Line where we got off the ship to hunt for bear
- O’s Book Club- a new feature on Holland America Line ships, an onboard version of Oprah’s book club highlights one of the most common cruise activities that, up until now, had nothing to do with the cruise line.
- Glaciers- We spent a day slow sailing to glaciers then paused at each to examine them further. Oddly, the feeling is much like the experience of going through a full transit of the Panama Canal.
- Hunting For Bear- we went by plane to hunt for bear in remote places where we saw no other humans as far as the eye could see. We did see a bear though.
- O-Specific Content- flyers, handouts, keepsakes collected during the Oprah’s Share The Adventure Cruise