Plan a Cruise Month is underway and Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) is pointing out the benefits of cruising over land travel. Cruse addicts already know that cruise travel has a leg up on land-based travel any time of year. Getting specific though, CLIA’s 2016 State of the Cruise Industry report notes that cruise travel is outpacing land-based general leisure travel by 22 percent in the United States.
“Cruise travelers know that cruising offers a chance to completely customize your vacation and create the trip of your dreams,” said Cindy D’Aoust, president and CEO, CLIA. “The benefits of cruise travel over land-based travel are exponential and the cruise industry is excited to share them with travelers in honor of Plan a Cruise Month.”
Five benefits of cruise-based travel versus land-based travel:
- Convenient Cruising: The cruise industry is constantly expanding availability of ports, both domestically and internationally, meaning travelers have never had so much access to a cruise ship with many of them are within driving distance of major cities.
- A Cruise for Every Traveler: A cruise vacation affords travelers a chance to create a trip that is completely customized to their tastes and preferences.
- Diverse Destinations: By ocean and river cruising allow travelers to see exotic and unique destinations. Ocean cruisers can look forward to distant voyages around the globe and river cruises offer a chance to sail more intimate spaces. Whether traveling by ocean or river, cruises offer the chance to visit far ends of the Earth all in one single trip.
- Experts Are Ready: A certified cruise travel agent help travelers partake in a nearly hands-free vacation planning experience while also lending an ear for questions once onboard. Agents can help travelers maximize their dollars, tailor activities to each guest’s preference, and help scout out the best excursions, among other things.
- Best Return of Experience: Cruising offers travelers a window to the world within their vacation budget. Instead of having to worry about travel, hotel, transportation, meals and entertainment costs, many cruisers pay one flat fee and travelers are able to enjoy paradise.
For more information about cruise travel or how you could enter to win a cruise of choice from October 1-31, 2016, please visit www.cruisesmile.org.
Also happening now, CLIA’s CruiseSmile Sweepstakes that is giving away free cruises during October.
Tagged ‘#CruiseSmile’ the contest is simple and exciting. A variety of cruises will be showcased at www.CruiseSmile.org under four interesting themes; Family-Friendly, Cultural Exploration, Fun In The Sun and Exploring Nature.
Four unique cruises will be given away as entrants have the chance to win a cruise vacation experience of choice appealing to individual travel styles and preferences. Sponsored by the Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA), entering is easy.
Here is how it works:
- Post And Tag- Post a photo featuring a great “Cruise Smile” on Twitter, Instagram or the campaign landing page www.CruiseSmile.org, using hashtags #CruiseSmile and #sweepstakes
- Bonus Entries-Tag a friend for additional chances to win from October 1, 2016 through October 31, 2016.
- Enter Daily- Entrants are encouraged to come back each day to discover a new, amazing cruise vacation corresponding with the weekly #CruiseSmile themes.
At the end of each theme period, a sweepstakes winner will be chosen and winners can then choose one of the featured cruises to best-fit vacation travel preferences. A total of four cruises will be awarded over the 31-day sweepstakes period.
Arrive In Style Too- In additional to a dream cruises, winners will also be awarded a complementary transfer from Carey, a trusted leader in innovative chauffeured service solutions.