Carnival Cruise Line will introduce its first-ever teppanyaki dining venue when new Carnival Horizon debuts in the spring of 2018. Technically a sister-ship to Carnival Vista, Carnival Horizon will have a number of new features. If history repeats itself, there is a very good chance we might see some of those features on other Carnival Cruise Line ships in the future.
Carnival is all about providing our guests with a wide array of choices and that, of course, includes a seemingly endless array of delicious culinary options,” – Christine Duffy, Carnival Cruise LIne President.
Teppanyaki is one of those options and a style of Japanese cooking whose name comes from the words “teppan” (iron plate) with “yaki” (grilled or pan-fried). Teppanyaki combines Japanese cooking techniques with modern performance art to create a feast that is both culinary and visual.
Located on Carnival Horizon’s Promenade Deck, Bonsai Teppanyaki will offer a wide-ranging menu with authentic delicacies from the Far East prepared by highly skilled chefs who will create tantalizing dishes on custom-built stations that form the center of the venue’s two eight-seat tables.
In keeping with Carnival’s atmosphere of spirited and participatory fun, dinner at Bonsai Teppanyaki will be an unforgettable culinary experience with chefs engaging with diners and dazzling them with their amazing knife skills and other performance elements.
“The new Bonsai Teppanyaki promises to be a wonderful addition to the Carnival Horizon, offering delectable cuisine from the Far East enhanced by show-stopping performances by our talented and engaging chefs,” said Christine Duffy, Carnival Cruise LIne President.
At the reservations-recommended restaurant, diners begin their meal with samplings of five tempting appetizers – Miso Soup; Kabuki Salad with Ginger Dressing; Teppanyaki Shrimp with Soy Butter and Salsa Vinaigrette; Pork Belly Yakitori with Sesame Asparagus Fries and Seaweed Salad; and Spicy Tuna on the Rocks with Onion Sesame Sauce and Den Miso.
Guests can then choose from a variety of tantalizing entrees: Lobster Tail with Yuzu Cream and Citrus Kosho; Filet Mignon with Truffle Salt, Garlic Chips and Champagne Cognac Flambé; Teriyaki Salmon with Savory and Sweet Teriyaki Glaze;Black Cod with Soy Reduction; Shrimp with Young Lettuce and Gyukuro Tea; Shichimi Spiced Grilled Chicken with Teriyaki Sauce; and Grilled Tofu with Vegetables, Yaki Udon, and Teriyaki Anticucho Sauce.
Four different combination dinners are available, including filet mignon/shrimp, shrimp/spiced grilled chicken, filet mignon/teriyaki salmon, and filet mignon/lobster tail. Meals end on a sweet note with a Chocolate Bento Box with Green Tea Ice Cream.
All dishes include fried rice and stir-fried vegetables. Prices for Bonsai Teppanyaki are on a per-person basis and include all appetizer selections, entrée and dessert. The restaurant will be open for lunch on sea days and for dinner every night of the cruise.
The new teppanyaki venue will be located within Carnival Horizon’s stand-alone Bonsai Sushi restaurant that will serve traditional sushi, sashimi, rolls and “bento ships” on an a la carte basis. It’s one of dozens of different dining and beverage venues on board offering a wide range of international cuisines. These include Cucina del Capitano family-style Italian restaurant, the Fahrenheit 555 steakhouse, Guy’s Burger Joint developed in tandem with Food Network star Guy Fieri, the Mexican-themed themed BlueIguana Cantina serving authentic tacos and burritos, the 24-hour Pizza Pirate, and the New England-inspired Seafood Shack.
Carnival Horizon Fun Facts:
- First: Carnival Horizon will also be the first ship to feature a Dr. Seuss-themed water park as well as a groundbreaking bike-ride-in-the-sky attraction called SkyRide, and an IMAX Theatre.
- Sleep: A wide range of accommodations will include spa cabins with exclusive privileges at the luxurious Cloud 9 Spa, extra-roomy staterooms in Family Harbor, and tropics-inspired Havana staterooms and suites with exclusive daytime access to a Cuban-themed bar and pool.
- Debuting: Carnival Horizon is scheduled to make its maiden voyage April 2, 2018, with a 13-day Mediterranean cruise from Barcelona – the first of four round-trip departures from that port.
- Repositioning Cruise: Carnival Horizon will reposition to the U.S. with a 14-day trans-Atlantic crossing from Barcelona to New York May 9-23, 2018.
- New York to Miami- Following its summer schedule of four-day Bermuda and eight-day Caribbean departures from the Big Apple, Carnival Horizon will shift to Miami and kick off a year-round schedule of six- and eight-day Caribbean cruises beginning Sept. 22, 2018. Carnival Horizon will also offer a special two-day cruise to Nassau from Miami Sept. 20-22, 2018.
To learn more about Carnival Cruise Line, visit Carnival.com. For reservations, contact any travel agent or call 1-800-CARNIVAL.
To learn more about Carnival Horizon, click here.