2017 EDITOR'S PICKS
Adding another ship to the existing fleet will enable Azamara Club Cruises to engage that many more travelers at amazing destinations around the world. Stop right there and it’s a good day at the cruise line as Azamara Journey and Azamara Quest are joined by twin sister Azamara Pursuit. Bringing that extra capacity is just one of the Azamara Pursuit features. The ship brings an opportunity to engage more places, 40% more places actually, adding up to more than 50 destinations not currently on itineraries.
By expanding our destination offerings, guests will be able to experience even more regions of the world and revisit regions we haven’t been to in some time now.” Building on the Azamara brand promise, Pimentel continued, “Like its sisters, Azamara Pursuit will take guests to the most uniquely curated destination experiences. -Larry Pimentel, President and CEO of Azamara Club Cruises
Azamara Pursuit joins sister ships Azamara Quest and Azamara Journey, providing cruise travelers with curated experiences and access to some of the most exotic destinations around the globe. Azamara Pursuit will increase the brand’s destination offerings by 40% and will add 61 more destinations. Guests will also stay longer and experience more…48 late nights and 26 overnights are scheduled. Guests will get to experience some of the unique destinations worldwide, including 15 maiden calls:
- Agadir, Morocco
- Antofagasta, Chile
- Chilean Fjords
- Cruising Beagle Channel
- Fowey, United Kingdom
- Laguna San Rafael, Chile
- Lima (Callao), Peru
- Maceió, Brazil
- Monemvasia, Greece
- Pisco (San Martin), Peru
- Salaverry (Trujillo), Peru
- Samos, Greece
- San Antonio, Chile
- Seyðisfjörður, Iceland
- Spetses, Greece
Azamara Pursuit will feature some of the most attractive and jaw-dropping experiences in key ports of South America and Europe.
Azamara Pursuit Features
South America Experiences
Travelers sailing through South America will dock in marquee destinations such as Buenos Aires and Rio de Janeiro, while also traversing through scenic channels such as the Fjords of Chile and Ushuaia, Argentina, the furthest south deep-water port. Guests can also expect holiday stops in Rio de Janeiro for New Year’s Eve 2018 and for Carnaval in 2019. Like all Azamara voyages, the South American voyages will fully immerse guests in the most photo-worthy experiences, including:
- Stargazing in Atacama Desert (Antofagasta, Chile): Sit back, look up and enjoy the peace and beauty of the stars in the world’s driest desert. The optional three-day/two-night stargazing experience offers unparalleled views of millions of tiny diamonds against a black sky. Considered one of the best locations on earth to appreciate the Milky Way’s brilliant collection of stars. Azamara will take you via chartered plane from Antofagasta to San Pedro de Atacama for a two-night stay at the 5-star Tierra Atacama (or similar). You’ll visit Moon Valley, Quitor Fortress, Toconao Village & Chaxa Lagoon, then fly from Calama to La Serena via Santiago (on commercial air).
- Casa de Aliaga (Lima, Peru): Guests will explore and embrace Peru when they dine in the oldest inhabited house in all of the Americas. This manor was built in 1536 during the Spanish conquest expedition of Peru. Your 17th generation family member and host will share this rich history of her family’s manor and the experiences of living there since she was seven.
- A Culinary Experience in Bohemian Barranco (Lima, Peru): As one of the world’s top culinary destinations, guests will join a local foodie in Bohemian Barranco for a truly local experience. Walk through a typical Peruvian market, experience inspiring flavors and even prepare their own trademark Peruvian dishes like ceviche, while sipping Pisco Sours.
- Yoga in the Paracas Desert (Pisco, Peru): While sailing on Azamara’s South American itineraries through its Cruise Global, Connect LocalSM experience, travelers are in touch with nature and oneself as they take part in open-air yoga classes at Atenas Beach in the Paracas National Reserve.
Azamara Pursuit Features
Europe Featured Experiences
Azamara continues to enhance their authentic Europe experiences by adding additional ports that bigger ships can not visit, including:
- Inside the Volcano (Reykjavik,Iceland): Take an elevator into the magma chamber of dormant volcano, Thrihnukagigur – once filled with hot lava. The Three Peaks Crater erupted 4,000 years ago and is truly a unique natural phenomenon.
- Cruise Global Stay Local – (Akureyri, Iceland to Seydisfjordur, Iceland): In a 2days/1 night excursion, guests can enjoy spectacular views of the Godafoss waterfall (the “Waterfall of the Gods”). See the natural wonders of Lake Mývatn including Skútustaðir craters, Dimmuborgir lava labyrinth and Námaskarð thermal field before ending the day in total relaxation at Mývatn Nature Baths health spa. Float in the bubbling warm lagoon or relax with a natural sulfur-free steam bath as you experience true calm. On day two, guests will also travel alongside Jökulsárgljúfur Glacial canyon to Seyðisfjörður, to see the most powerful waterfalls in Europe. Passing Húsavík village, they’ll visit Hljóðaklettar and their echoing cliffs known for basalt columns. This place is known to be the meeting place of the pagan Gods. The last stop on this one-night excursion will be at Dettifoss waterfall, the biggest waterfall in Iceland and believed to be the most powerful waterfall in Europe.
- Greece Day Tour (Nauplion, Greece): Guests will visit the Monastery of St. John (Prodromos), built on the side of a rock face around 1167. They’ll enjoy a spectacular Greek lunch at a wealthy Arcadian mansion of the 1840’s, where guests will meet with the hotel owners. Followed by a complimentary AzAmazing Evening in Rhodes, Greece where they’ll spend the evening at Tafros Theater seeing an exclusive performance of the ancient Greek drama, Antigone by Sophocles (in English).
The Azamara Fleet, By The Numbers
Azamara Pursuit is comparable in size to the Azamara Journey and Azamara Quest, allowing guests access to unique ports that larger ships are unable to reach. Together, the three ships will now offer guests the opportunity to visit 7 continents and 217 ports from August 28, 2018 to April 5, 2019.
LEARN MORE ABOUT AZAMARA CLUB CRUISES
- A Sailing With Azamara Club Cruises– A 12-night Croatian Islands Cruise, detailed.
- Priced Right And Valued More, Azamara Club Cruises Expands, Smartly– Azamara Pursuit announced making Azamara a three-ship fleet, at last.
- Discover Breakfast Again With Azamara Club Cruises- A taste of the detail Azamara devotes to every culinary item on the menu, even breakfast.
- Engaging Azamara: Summer Baltics Cruise Journal- our entire journey in journal form.
- Azamara Inspired Amsterdam: Because We Had Time- a day in a city where we overnighted to enjoy the Netherlands from dawn to well past dusk.
- Azamara Club Cruises: A listing of all we have on the boutique cruise line.
Azamara Exposure Photo Storybook