UP CLOSE WITH HISTORY
Hitting the ground running in 2016, I’m sailing aboard Seabourn Sojourn for 14 nights from Hong Kong to Singapore on the 3rd annual Seabourn Food And Wine Cruise . Along the way, look for details of over 90 onboard culinary events, as they happen. Through daily posts right here at ChrisCruises.com and a variety of engaging social ways outlined below, we hope you will follow along on our journey as you have the last two events of the same name.
Chris Cruises In Progress– takes readers directly to a list of all Seabourn Food And Wine Cruise posts.
ChrisCruises Daily Posts –
- Seabourn: Taking Care Of Business
- Seabourn: Engaging Program Takes Center Stage
- Seabourn: Shopping With The Chefs In Halong Bay
- Sailing The South China Sea [VIDEO]
- Seabourn: A Day In The South China Sea
- Seabourn: A Day In Danang
- Seabourn: Let’s Talk About Days At Sea
- Seabourn: Sailing The Saigon River
- Seabourn: Shopping With Chefs In Saigon
- Seabourn: Touring Saigon
- Seabourn: Your Questions Answered
- Seabourn: A Happy Day In Cambodia
- Seabourn: Chatting With The Chefs
- Seabourn: A Taste Of Thailand
- Seabourn: A Day At The Beach In Thailand
Facebook Photo Albums
- Shopping With The Chefs In Halong Bay
- Sailing To Halong Bay
- Hong Kong Comes On Board Seabourn
- Danang Cruise Port With Seabourn Sojourn
- A Day In Danang, Vietnam
- Sailing The Saigon River
- Shopping With The Chefs In Saigon
- Thailand On Seabourn Sojourn
- Caviar In The Surf On The Seabourn Food And Wine Cruise
Flickr Event Photos-
- Hong Kong– a brief look from what we could see on the way to Seabourn Sojourn and from her decks.
- Hong Kong Local Performers– A nice detail, for those of us flying in the day of the cruise without time to explore Hong Kong, Seabourn brought aboard local performers to kick off the Taste of Asia Food and Wine Cruise
- Dim Sum Lunch–
- Tai Tak Cruise Terminal– Once an airport, this new cavernous facility can take two Oasis-class size ships. Interestingly, the new port is a place I first wrote about in a Gadling article. See: Recycled Hong Kong Airport Opens As Cruise Terminal for more
- Wines Of Asia Lecture–
- Cruising The South China Sea– shots from the balcony of my suite on Seabourn Sojourn
- Seabourn Sojourn Ship Shots– random shots from around the ship at the features of Seabourn Sojourn
- Dr Richard Turnbull – guest lecturer
- Colonade Dining– Seabourn Sojourn’s indoor/outdoor dining venue and a personal favorite
- Molecular Cocktail Demonstration– a fun time in the Observation lounge with sommelier Sebastian
- Seabourn Patio Grill– Dining on deck for lunch or dinner most nights.
- Seabourn Guests– random photos of our fellow travelers
- Captain’s Welcome Event– Captain
- Chef Bernd Seiner brought Michelin star quality to street level
- Behind The Scenes- Random shots of what happens before and after passengers attend Food and Wine cruise events.
- Seabourn Crew– The ladies and gentlemen that work on Seabourn Sojourn.
- Tea Time With Chinese Pastries-
- Sailing To Halong Bay, Vietnam- a lovely day of cruising at sea
- Halong Bay, Vietnam– Perhaps my favorite port on the entire itinerary
- Champagne Afternoons – a series of presentations by sommelier Sebastian Pacheco
- Asian Hot Pot Dinner served in Seabourn Sojourn’s indoor/outdoor Colonnade Restaurant
- Dim Sum Cooking Demonstration featuring chefs from the Peninsula Hong Kong (@PeninsulaHongKong)
- Dim Sum Lunch– prepared by chefs from the Peninsula Hong Kong (@PeninsulaHongKong)
- Shopping With The Chefs In Vietnam
- DaNang Port– Overlooking the port from the balcony of my suite, I capture some interesting moments on the dock below.
- Bordeaux Wine Seminar– on of a number of wine-oriented informational talks
- Seabourn Room Service– an afterthought, I enjoyed Seabourn room service every morning with coffee at 3AM
- Touring DaNang, Vietnam– I hired a driver for an efficient “just take me to the places, s
- Food And Wine Pairing Seminar- new to the third edition of the Seabourn Food And Wine Cruise
- Officers On Deck– a pre-dinner event on deck chatting with officers
- The South China Sea
- The Saigon River– Going where big ships can’t we drive Seabourn Sojourn up the Saigon River
NEW: YouTube Video- (my first attempt with video, be kind please)
- Hong Kong By Night
- Sailing To Halong Bay, Vietnam On Seabourn Sojourn
- Cruising The South China Sea
- Sailing On The Saigon River
- Sailing To Cambodia
- Instagram lovers will see one post a day that summarizes much of what we saw and did in the last 24 hours.
- Pinterest boards for each port of call are already set up, ready to be filled with photos as time permits, subject to bandwidth limitations we may encounter along the way. Also to be created and published perhaps with a bit higher priority, food and wine photos.
- Twitter has been populated with prescheduled tweets throughout the day that will be updated with events and happenings around the ship and ashore as the occur. Follow @OrlandoChris, @SeabournCruise and the tag #SeabournFoodAndWineCruise.
- Tumblr will be all about food and wine with multiple posts throughout each day.
- Google+ posts will recap the day at its end
- Exposure Photo Storybooks will no doubt come after sailing and be more reflective of the entire experience, as usual. Different this time, multiple storybooks focusing on culinary events as well as destinations visited along the way.