Already award-winning cruise line Seabourn has been honored by the readers of Porthole Cruise Magazine with two distinctions in their 17th annual Readers’ Choice Awards. Named Best Small Ship for Seabourn Quest and Best Luxury Ship for sister Seabourn Sojourn, the Porthole awards are two in a string of impressive wins. Notable to be sure, we have sailed both ships and agree, but maybe not for the same reasons.
“Porthole readers are savvy and experienced travelers, and we are very honored they have recognized our ships as the best,” -Seabourn President Richard Meadows.
Winning two uber important categories to the world of small ship cruising, Best Luxury Ship is an award that fits like the white gloves worn by Seabourn crew members we have seen on recent sailings of the ship. Perfectly.
Best Small Ship too is a nice win that means even more today than it did in years past as the field of entries continues to expand. Luxury cruising is coming of age with more ships in the oceans than ever before.
“We are proud to have a beautiful fleet of ultra-luxury cruise ships that have been hailed as ‘game-changers’ in the luxury cruise market,” notes Seabourn President Richard Meadows, adding “offering high ratios of space per guest and a wonderful staff delivering unmatched levels of personalized service.”
2015 has been a good year for Seabourn, also named:
- Best Small-Ship Cruise Line in the Condé Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice poll,
- World’s Best Small-Ship Cruise Line from the Travel + Leisure World’s Best Awards, and
- Finest Cruise Line Dining in the Saveur Good Taste Awards.
Seabourn’s success formula is no secret. Their intimate ships offer key elements that set the line apart:
- Accommodations: spacious, thoughtfully appointed suites, many with verandas. Even more diversity coming with new Seabourn Encore in 2017 too.
- Setting the Culinary Stage: superb dining in a choice of venues; open bars throughout the ship; fine wines poured at lunch and dinner;
- Seabourn Guests- award-winning service and a relaxed, sociable atmosphere that makes guests feel right at home on board. This is the only line for which we capitalize the word “Guests”. They are just that good.
- Diverse Itineraries- The ships travel the globe throughout the year, sailing to many of the world’s most desirable destinations, including marquee cities, UNESCO World Heritage Sites and lesser-known ports and hideaways.
For more details about the award-winning Seabourn fleet, or to explore the worldwide selection of Seabourn cruising options
- ask us– we’re just a click away
- contact your existing professional travel advisor,
- call Seabourn at 1-800-929-9391 or visit www.seabourn.com.
More About Porthole Cruise Magazine
The Porthole win is perhaps one of the more notable as the magazine brings a seriously focused readership of cruise travel fans. You don’t buy this magazine for the coupons. This is serious cruise business presented in a fun and interesting. If it sounds like we are a big prejudiced when it comes to Porthole, we are. Look for an upcoming article all about our Egypt and Jordan Journey with Abercrombie & Kent, or see some of the other articles we have placed in Porthole
- A Sailing to Savor- Mouthwatering moments aboard Seabourn’s first-ever Food & Wine cruise
- Private Party – Abercrombie Connections takes cruisers on intimate journeys in the cities it visits.
- That’s a Wrap!- Turner Classic Movies cruise brings together film stars and fans.
For more information on the magazine’s 17th annual Readers’ Choice Awards, determined by thousands of readers and online fans, see the November/December 2015 issue or visit Porthole.com.
More About Seabourn
Stay right here. We’ll be back with Seabourn just after the first of the year. On New Year’s Day we’ll fly via Emirates Airlines to Hong Kong for a 14-night sailing of award-winning Seabourn Sojourn for the third Seabourn Food And Wine Cruise. Themed “a taste of Asia” this one looks to be even more unique than the previous versions with over 90 Different Culinary Events and a Culinary Dream Team tapped to make amazing things happen both on and off the ship.
For now, some scenes from previous sailings of the Seabourn Food And Wine Cruise: