2017 EDITOR'S PICKS
A week from today is Black Friday followed by Cyber Monday, two days savvy travel buyers are waiting for like a dial-up internet connection. It just seems to be taking forever to get here. Those who do their homework, Black Friday travel deals can be some of the best bargains of the year. Let me explain, highlight all the deals planned and detail where to find them. Along the way, some gifts and gear to keep an eye on as a good choice for the traveler on your holiday shopping list.
Last year, Black Friday travel deals, $1 Cyber Monday deposits, reduced fares, bonus upgrades, and other one day only promotions brought some extraordinary values. This year looks to be more of the same as cruise lines vie for a chance to make our travel dreams come true. That’s something Cunard Line has been doing for quite some time so let’s start right there with the Cunard Black Friday and Cyber Monday Sale.
Ok first, do not skip down the list to the next one because you have zero interest in Cunard Line: you will one day and they will be waiting. Coming up in tandem with Black Friday and Cyber Monday, luxury ocean liner company, Cunard will feature enticing promotions on a range of cruise itineraries on Queen Mary 2, Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth.From November 21 to November 30, 2017, new voyage bookings will receive:
- Free Gratuities
- 50% off 3rd/4th Guests
- $200 Reduced Deposit
Itineraries include Transatlantic Crossings, Caribbean, New England & Canada, Mediterranean, Northern Europe and Japan & Alaska voyages with fares from $899. This special promotion includes a non-refundable and non-transferable deposit of $200.
Cunard’s Black Friday and Cyber Monday promotions highlight iconic Transatlantic Crossings and Caribbean voyages on Queen Mary 2, European voyages on the recently-refit Queen Victoria, and newly-announced Japan & Alaska voyages on Queen Elizabeth.
Cunard’s Black Friday and Cyber Monday promotions features:
- Queen Mary 2
- 7-night Transatlantic Crossings with fares from $899*
- 13-night Caribbean voyages with fares from $1,899*
- 5-night New England & Canada voyages with fares from $1,099*
- Queen Victoria
- 14-night Mediterranean voyages with fares from $1,999*
- A 7-night Fjords voyage with fares from $999*
- Queen Elizabeth
- A 14-night Mediterranean voyage with fares from $1,999*
- A 7-night Spain and France voyage with fares from $899*
- A 17-night Japan and Alaska voyage with fares from $2,199*
Cunard Line is probably known best for transatlantic sailings that make a great way to experience international travel for the first time. If for no other reason, consider a Cunard Line crossing to avoid flying, at least one way. Still, flying will be necessary which brings us to our first recommended gift for travelers
For Your International Traveler
The Clackit Strap Pack (Amazon $17.95) is a lightweight, water-resistant nylon case that attaches to a backpack shoulder strap, belt or any strap up to 3 inches. Clackit provides two zipper pockets and a flap pocket to safely carry multiple items including smartphone, wallet, tools, passport, permit, cards, money and more.
Princess Cruises Cyber Sale
Princess Cruises is launching its annual Cyber Sale with two offers that include the more than 360 worldwide destinations the cruise line visits. The sale runs November 17-29, with more details found at www.princess.com/deals. With a Sail Soon offer for cruises departing in Winter 2017 – Spring 2018 and a Sail Later deal for Summer 2018 – Spring 2019 sailings, guests will enjoy plenty of perks, including:
Sail Soon – Winter 2017 – Spring 2018
Guests can select six- to 60-day cruises and cruisetours sailing from Winter 2017-Spring 2018 to the Caribbean, Mexico, Hawaii, Panama Canal, California Coast, Australia & New Zealand, Southeast Asia, South America and Grand Voyages. Bookings made during the sale save up to $1,000 per stateroom or $500 per guest.
Sail Later – Winter 2018 – Spring 2019
On six- to 60-day cruises and cruisetours booked for Summer 2018-Spring 2019 voyages to all destinations, the sale offers three desired amenities for everyone in the stateroom, including:
- FREE Stateroom Location Upgrade – preferred stateroom location for the lowest fare within the room type booked
- FREE Gratuities – paid on behalf of all guests in a stateroom
- FREE Onboard Spending Money – up to $600 per stateroom, as follows for up to four guests:
- Cruise length six to nine days: $75 per guest
- Cruise length 10-12 days: $100 per guest
- Cruise length 13+ days: $150 per guest
Princess Cruises’ Cyber Sale runs November 17, 2017 (12 am PST) through November 29, 2017 (11:59 pm PST) and is available to residents of the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Bermuda and the District of Columbia who are 21 years of age or older.
Escape Completely With These Headphones
Watching some random film about video gaming, I noticed the intense concentration of players who really got into the scene before them. Armed with the latest computers and headsets, they waged war on others around the planet, communicating with them for some reason I really did not care about. Gaming has never been an interest of mine. Hearing and talking on my cell phone however: very interested in that. Earpods that came with the assorted iPhones we have had over the years seemed to be the best option on land or in the air. Still, they were not quite what I was looking for. Then I stumbled upon the Kraken Pro V2 ($79.99) headset.
Royal Caribbean Thanks & Thrills Sale
- New: THANKS & THRILLS SALE —Save up to $100 instantly when they book during our Fall Adventure Weekend Sale valid November 16-20, 2017
- Not New: BOGO50 — 50% off second guest
- Not New: KIDS SAIL FOR LESS — 25% savings for third and fourth guests
- Not New: DECK THE HOLIDAYS — Your clients receive up to $150 to spend at sea on holiday sailings
- Not New: EARLY BOOKING BONUS — Early birds will score up to $100 to spend at sea on sailings booked 6+ months in advance with our Non-Refundable Deposit program
Norwegian Cruise Line Black Friday…Week
Now through November 24, guests can take advantage of the holiday sale and receive all of the following offers: free unlimited open bar, a free specialty dining package, 250 minutes of free WiFi, $50 towards shore excursions in each port per stateroom and Norwegian’s Friends & Family Sail Free offer (allowing the third and fourth guests to sail for free on select sail dates). The offer is worth up to $2,600 in value and available to those who book select 2017/2018 sailings in an oceanview, balcony or mini suite on or before November 24. To top it off, Norwegian is offering almost 200 different sailings to choose from during the Black Friday Sale giving every guest the opportunity to book their unforgettable cruise vacation.
With the holiday spirit in the air, Norwegian will also be extending an array of offers to guests.
- Extended now through November 30, Norwegian’s Holiday Bonus Bundle offers $100 of onboard credit* on select holiday sailings over the Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s holidays.
- Norwegian’s Havana Nights offers cruisers who want to explore the vibrant history of Cuba $50 in free onboard spending money* when they book a new cruise to Cuba now through November 30 featuring an all-inclusive onboard experience on Norwegian Sky from Miami or Norwegian Sun from Port Canaveral.
- Norwegian’s Distinctive Voyages is available through November 30, providing cruisers the opportunity to sail to their dream destinations. On select nine-day or longer cruises, guests will receive five distinct offers: 120 minute phone call package, 250 minute Internet package, $50 USD credit per port shore excursion, up to $200 USD in air credit and $100 USD hotel credit.* The offer is also combinable with Free at Sea.
- Norwegian’s popular Free at Sea promotion will be extended through November 30. This signature value-added offer provides guests who book a new three-day or longer sailing in an oceanview, balcony or minisuite category stateroom with the opportunity to select their preference of two free choices from five spectacular onboard amenity offers†, including free unlimited open bar, a free specialty dining package, $50 towards shore excursions in each port per stateroom, 250 minutes of free WiFi, or Norwegian’s Friends & Family Sail Free offer that allows the third and fourth guests to sail for free on many 2017 and 2018 sail dates. Inside staterooms, as well as Norwegian’s Studio staterooms for solo travelers, can choose one free offer. For those who enjoy the luxury life at sea can book a cruise in a suite or The Haven by Norwegian® and enjoy all five free amenities†, providing up to $2,600 in added value to their cruise.
- This holiday season, families and couples alike can cruise into a Hawaiian paradise as Norwegian’s Free at Sea Hawaii offer has also been extended through November 30. Guests who book a new cruise vacation aboard Pride of America, the only ship in the world that can sail seven-day inter-island cruises in Hawaii, have the freedom to select one of five offers†* to enrich their cruising experience, including a free one-night pre-cruise hotel stay with an option to select reduced airfare starting at $399 from select gateways, a free specialty dining package, free pre-paid service charges for the first and second guest in the stateroom, free $50 per port shore excursion credit per stateroom, or Norwegian’s Friends & Family Sail Free, allowing the third and fourth guests in each stateroom to sail for free on many 2017 and 2018 sail dates. Guests who book asuite aboard Pride of America can enjoy all five offers.
To book a cruise aboard a Norwegian ship, contact a travel professional, call Norwegian at 866-NCL-CRUISE (625-2784), or visit www.ncl.com.