CRUISE THE PLANET
Carnival Cruise Line ships have a well-earned reputation as having the best burgers at sea. That’s in large part due to Guy’s Burger Joint, a creation of celebrity chef Guy Fieri. Now, Guy is back with a casual open-air eatery featuring a wide variety of BBQ favorites. Smoked right on board over hickory and cherry wood using Guy’s signature recipes, Guy’s Pig & Anchor Bar-B-Que Smokehouse promises incredible offerings sure to be a big hit. If the name ‘Pig & Anchor’ sounds familiar, odds are you’ve heard of rival cruise line Royal Caribbean International and their past guest Crown & Anchor Society. The two have absolutely no connection, although the similarity is sure to be a spicy topic that might rub some cruise travelers the wrong way. Let’s roll up our sleeves, put on a bib and dig in.
When Carnival Magic went through dry dock remodeling recently, they did far more than just change out the carpets and apply a fresh coat of paint. Along with routine maintenance not possible when the ship is sailing, a traditional wood smoker was installed along with some other features we’ll get to shortly. Armed with that new cooking ability, American Royal Barbecue hall of famer Fieri designed a menu that looks to be seriously finger licking good. Check some of these new menu items, not before available at sea, on any ship:
- Bone-in, dry-rubbed, slow-smoked and pulled Championship Pork Butt,
- Dry-rubbed and grilled Blue Ribbon Chicken,
- Smoked Andouille sausage
- Sliced Smoked Round of Beef cooked “low and slow” and thinly sliced.
Guy’s Pig & Anchor Bar-B-Que Smokehouse will also feature Fieri’s own unique take on traditional side dishes with deliciously creative offerings like:
- Mac Daddy Mac n Cheese,
- Old Skool Potato Salad,
- Scratch-Made Slaw,
- Collard Greens with Smoked Turkey
- Molasses Baked Beans with Bacon and Burnt Ends.
The Pig & Anchor Price Is Right
Sound good? Here’s the even more tasty part: All items at Guy’s Pig & Anchor Bar-B-Que Smokehouse will be available free of charge.
But that’s not all.
Diners can spice up their dishes with Fieri’s signature BBQ sauces, including
- Award-Winning Brown Sugar (sweet and sticky),
- Kansas City (smoky and sweet)
- Sriracha BBQ (spicy and tangy)
- Carolina #6 (tangy with sweet heat).
To seal the deal, Guy’s Pig & Anchor Bar-B-Que Smokehouse will have a hot sauce bar, as well as a wide range of ice-cold beers and sodas will also be available.
Planned to be open sea days from noon to 2:30 p.m., is just one part of Carnival Magic’s extensive multi-million-dollar renovation that added a variety of exciting new dining and bar concepts, originally rolled out during Carnival’s Funship 2.0 initiative, including:
- Guy’s Burger Joint, a free-of-charge poolside venue serving hand-crafted burgers and fries with recipes created by the Food Network star.
- The RedFrog Rum Bar and BlueIguana Tequila Bar, along with the BlueIguana Cantina serving authentic Mexican tacos and burritos,
- Pizzeria del Capitano offering hand-tossed artisan pies, capitalizing on the popular name of Cucina del Capitano on other ships in the Carnival fleet.
- Alchemy Bar- the cocktail pharmacy
- Cherry on Top- and a “candy and more store”
Welcome To Florida
Carnival Magic will continue its seven-day schedule from Galveston through April 10, 2016 then reposition to Port Canaveral to launch year-round seven-day Caribbean cruises April 23, 2016. Prior to launching its new seven-day schedule from Port Canaveral, Carnival Magic will operate a special three-day cruise to Nassau April 20-23, 2016.
Carnival Magic will offer two distinctly different week-long itineraries from the Space Coast – a western Caribbean route featuring Cozumel, Belize, Mahogany Bay (Isla Roatan) and Costa Maya; and an eastern Caribbean option calling at St. Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk and Nassau or Amber Cove.
Not Really Related
See more about Royal Caribbean’s Crown & Anchor Society
Photos- Carnival Cruise Line