Last year, Carnival Corporation’s Fathom brand was the first cruise line to establish a presence in Cuba. In the process, Social Impact Travel opened the door to the island nation in a people-to-people sort of way. To culturally focused travelers, Fathom got them there and that’s all that mattered. To experienced Caribbean cruise travelers, the cultural exchange requirement was a deal breaker, making the one Fathom ship hard to fill at any price. Carnival Cruise Line, on the other hand, has done very well during her first season to Cuba, adding more sailings to the upcoming 2018 season. To see why the Carnival version of a Cuba cruise is so very popular, we’re going to sail Carnival Paradise on the last sailing of this season. We’ll get to that shortly, first a little history of the 2017 season so far.
Carnival Cuba Cruises: Featured on a dozen four- and five-day cruises aboard Carnival Paradise the overnight visits to Havana began in June. To satisfy an ever-relaxing cultural requirement, Carnival Paradise guests chose from a range of shore experiences that showcase Cuba’s vibrant culture and majestic beauty, along with the island’s warm and friendly people and centuries-old architectural landmarks.
- Four-day Carnival Paradise to paradise cruises include a daytime and overnight visit to Havana.
- Five-day Carnival Paradise to paradise voyages include a daytime and overnight visit to Havana as well as a stop in either Cozumel or Key West.
Similar to other Caribbean sailings: Carnival Cruise Line guests enjoyed the amenities and schedule of daytime activities and nighttime entertainment they are accustomed to.
- A variety of dining options,
- Spa Carnival health and wellness facility,
- Serenity adults-only retreat,
- Family-friendly Seuss at Sea,
- Supervised activities for kids in three age groups,
- Swimming pools and a 115-foot-long water slide.
Different than other Caribbean sailings:
- A valid U.S. passport is required. The birth certificate and photo ID option will not be accepted.
- A 75 visa fee will be charged to each guest.
- Cuban-born guests will have additional documentation requirements.
- Unknown effect: The visits to Havana comply with regulations that permit transport of approved travelers to Cuba.
Follow Along With Chris
Chris sails with Carnival Cruise Line again aboard Carnival Paradise on this itinerary:
You can follow along too, a number of ways:
Never miss a post, subscribe today for a daily digest of posts, delivered in your morning email.