ENGAGE YOUR PLANET
Holidays past us, next up is an enchanting 14-night sailing with Windstar Cruises. The itinerary is titled The Best Of The Philippines & Borneo, with 212-passenger Star Legend sailing from Singapore to Hong Kong. Along the way, an intense exploration of the Philippines that brings a unique touring option never attempted before. More on that shortly. On board for this sailing will be the ship’s Godmother and Windstar Cruises president. Also a story in and of itself. On the eve of leaving Orlando to begin this journey, your guide to help follow along on our Windstar cruise through the Philippines.
The occasion for this sailing is the 2018 Windstar President’s Cruise, the second such journey in as many years. “Please join me and Windstar’s crew on a very special journey from Singapore to Hong Kong and share the timeless traditions and exotic places of their homeland,” said Windstar Cruises President John Delaney. That sharing of traditions and exotic places is enabled by including the cruise line’s Filipino crew.
What better way could there be to see the Philippines than with crew members eager for us to see what they love best about their country? I’ll be on hand to capture those moments and more in photos, some of which will be here.
Unique: What do you know about cruise ship Godmothers? The honored title enables them to bless ships when launched and break a bottle of champagne across the vessel bow… but what else do you know? On board with us will be Star Legend Godmother Gloria Bohan, a long time leader in the travel business. We hope to provide detail on what becoming a maritime Godmother involves. It’s more than one might imagine.
- Instagram– Three a day, reflecting three critical elements of luxury cruise travel: beautiful scenes not found at home, onboard ambience and stellar crew members.
- Facebook– I’ll check in at every place we visit, with photos.
- Google+– ChrisCruises posts in a different place
- Twitter– Follow @ChrisCruises and the tags #WindstarCruises, #WindstarPrez and more to be added shortly.
- Flickr Photo Albums- one for multiple photos of each onboard event, destination visited, tour experienced and more
- Pinterest– Food glorious food and only food glorious food. The culinary operation in detail.
- Tumblr- See what Lisa is doing while Chris is traveling at The World As Lisa Sees It, one post a day.
- RSS Feed- everything we post here, delivered as you wish.
- Exposure Photo Storybooks- Usually created after sailing and reflection, these full-size images provide a distinctly different view of destinations and events also depicted elsewhere. Actually, you can preview the Windstar Experience via our storybook Windstar’s Costa Rica & Panama Canal. Our first time sailing with Windstar, this is the reason we came back.