CRUISE THE PLANET
Harmony of the Seas, the latest Oasis-class ship from Royal Caribbean International will debut May 2016 kicking off an inaugural Mediterranean season. Then settling in to sailing from Florida’s Port Everglades alternating Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries, the next largest ship in the world will have some interesting new features.
Harmony of the Seas be the largest in the Oasis class and also the largest cruise ship in the world, bigger than sister ships Oasis and Allure of the Seas by 2.15 meters length and 5.5 meters width.
Taking up some of that space, the first Splashaway Bay an interactive aqua park for kids. The Ultimate Abyss, the tallest slide at sea touting a 100 foot dramatic plunge, The Perfect Storm trio of water slides and Splashaway Bay are the latest in a thrilling collection of activities that will make Harmony of the Seas the ultimate family vacation experience starting next summer.
Oasis and Quantum Influences
Harmony of the Seas will be the first in a new generation of Oasis class ships where groundbreaking architectural innovations are combined with breakthrough technologies of the Quantum class. The ship will debut in May 2016 for her inaugural summer season showcasing Europe’s most popular cruise destinations on seven-night Western Mediterranean itineraries calling on Barcelona, Palma de Mallorca, Spain; Provence, France; Florence/Pisa, Rome and Naples, Italy. In November 2016, Harmony will arrive to her homeport of Port Everglades in Ft. Lauderdale, Fla. offering seven-night Eastern and Western Caribbean sailings.
- Splashaway Bay- will be a vibrant waterscape for kids and toddlers with sea creature water cannons, winding slides, a gigantic drench bucket and a multi-platform jungle-gym to keep everyone entertained for hours.
- Ultimate Abyss- Guests of all ages will get the ultimate heart-pounding thrill ride on the Ultimate Abyss, a 10 story slide that begins in the Pool and Sports Zone at the aft of the ship down to the Boardwalk neighborhood below.
- The Perfect Storm- Spiraling five decks above the lushly landscaped, open-air Central Park in the center of the ship, water slides Cyclone, Typhoon and Supercell come together as The Perfect Storm, inviting travelers to slide into an incredible adventure. Thrill seekers can test their mettle in Supercell, featuring a champagne bowl swirling guests around as they descend into their approach towards a big splash finale.
Unique New Ship Features
Harmony of the Seas will be home to the seven distinct neighborhoods for which Oasis class of ships is known and feature technological advancements now synonymous with the award-winning cruise line. Revolutionary features include:
- The Bionic Bar dancing robot bartenders on the Royal Promenade;
- Virtual Balconies in many interior staterooms offering sea and port views;
- The Royal WOWBands with RFID technology to simplify the guest experience;
- VOOM, the fastest internet at sea found exclusively on Royal Caribbean ships.
Harmony will offer the most dining options at sea, including new specialty restaurants
- Izumi Hibachi & Sushi
- Sabor Taqueria and Tequila Bar
- Wonderland Imaginative Cuisine, a whimsical setting where Royal Caribbean chefs twist their culinary kaleidoscopes.
One Big Ship, No Matter How You Look At It
Harmony of the Seas will span 16 guest decks, encompass 227,000 gross registered tons, carry 5,497 guests at double occupancy, and feature 2,747 staterooms. The Oasis class is an architectural marvel touting Royal Caribbean’s exclusive seven neighborhood concept, including Central Park, Boardwalk, the Royal Promenade, the Pool and Sports Zone, Vitality at Sea Spa and Fitness Center, Entertainment Place and Youth Zone. For more information about Harmony of the Seas, please visit RoyalCaribbean.com/
Nothing to do with Harmony of the Seas at all, Royal Caribbean was indeed begging us to post this video of the other famous “Perfect Storm”. Odds are you will not experience this on your cruise vacation:
Here is an interesting infographic about Harmony of the Seas too