The end result of transforming 1996’s Carnival Destiny into flagship-quality Carnival Sunshine has us throwing around a lot of numbers. 25 branded elements of Funship 2.0, all in one place after a $155 million dry dock, Carnival’s most ambitious to date, have created an entirely new ship.
Let’s take a look at the numbers that came out of the process.
- 55- Captain’s Suites, Grand Suites, Spa Suites, Ocean Suites
- 508- Oceanview with Balcony
- 308- Oceanview without balcony
- 632- Interior staterooms
- 1503- Total (including 182 added during remodeling)
- Officers – Italian
- Crew- International – Over 40 different nationalities
- 3758- Maximum Guest Capacity
- 3006- Normal Cruise Capacity