UP CLOSE WITH HISTORY
When it was announced on board Seabourn Sojourn that we would sail up the Mekong river to visit Saigon, I did not think all that much about it. Just one of those little overlooked details that, while small, can add up to some of the best travel experiences ever. Such was the case as we left the South China Sea and made our way to Saigon. Enjoyed: the usual river traffic one might expect to see as farmers, merchants and more use the same river to transport goods as they have for centuries.
A major attraction on any Seabourn cruise, Shopping With The Chefs takes passengers off the ship and into city markets to source raw ingredients for something they will make back on board. That’s the definition of the Seabourn signature event. In practice, shopping in a local market with chefs from the ship connects the destinations we visit in a unique way. Rather than passively walking by a colorful city market, passengers make a direct connection that goes beyond a keepsake photo…but photos we have to share. The sights, sounds and smells one encounters in these places is something to be experienced first hand.
Follow Along With Us
- Facebook will feature each day’s post here as well as a variety of photo galleries created as we sail. Encouraged: Your questions and comments.
- Instagram lovers will see one post a day that summarizes much of what we saw and did in the last 24 hours.
- Pinterest boards for each port of call are already set up, ready to be filled with photos as time permits, subject to bandwidth limitations we may encounter along the way. Also to be created and published perhaps with a bit higher priority, food and wine photos.
- Twitter has been populated with prescheduled tweets throughout the day that will be updated with events and happenings around the ship and ashore as the occur. Follow @OrlandoChris, @SeabournCruise and the tag #SeabournFoodAndWineCruise.
- Tumblr will be all about food and wine with multiple posts throughout each day.
- Google+ posts will recap the day at its end
- Exposure Photo Storybooks will no doubt come after sailing and be more reflective of the entire experience, as usual. Different this time, multiple storybooks focusing on culinary events as well as destinations visited along the way.
- Chris Cruises In Progress– takes readers directly to a list of all Seabourn Food And Wine Cruise posts.
- 2016 Seabourn Food And Wine Cruise Journal- will be stuck to the top of the list here at ChrisCruises.com while the event is in progress, all the daily posts, in order, travel journal style
- Your Questions Answered. Have questions as we sail? Email Chris@ChrisCruises.com for answers anytime