Coming into the embarkation port city a day early is always a good idea. Cruise travelers flying from the Northern United States or Canada to South Florida any time between now and next summer often face weather-related flight delays. That extra time on the front end can keep them from missing sailaway. The first day on board is apt to be a long one too. A nice night’s sleep at a pre-cruise hotel beforehand can get that cruise vacation off to a good start. All logical reasons to fly in a day early. But where to stay? Sailing from Port Everglades, one hotel has been cruise-friendly for years, has a lot to offer and provides an answer to one of the most frequently asked questions by those sailing from the South Florida port.
“The best flight I see going back to Chicago after my cruise leaves at 8:15AM. Is that too early?” is the big question first-time cruise travelers ask of travel agents, right after booking their cruise. “The itinerary says the ship gets in at 7:30AM. Shouldn’t an 8:15 AM flight be possible? ”
Mayyyyyybe but this is not recommendation any trusted source will give without mentioning a few things that could slow down the process:
- The ship might arrive late.
- The ship may get in port at 7:30 (or, commonly, earlier) but may not be cleared to begin the disembarkation process until later. The process could be slowed down by:
- An unannounced U.S. Coast Guard inspection- especially likely when arriving on a repositioning cruise.
- An unannounced U.S. Customs and Immigration inspection
- To make that happen you will for sure need to walk off all your own luggage with no assistance from the ship
In other words, there are a lot of reasons not to attempt a very early flight. But what to do? Stay overnight after the cruise? Maybe. Or Maybe take a flight later in the day.
The Rodeway Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport and Cruise Port Hotel is a budget-friendly pre-cruise hotel in South Florida serving Port Everglades. Their Park, Stay and Cruise program is great for travelers from Florida and surrounding states, driving to the port. On the day your cruise sets sail, a Rodeway Inn Shuttle takes you to the airport while your car stays behind, safely parkes in the Rodeway Inn Parking Lot. Frankly, for not much more than it costs to park seven days at Port Everglades ($15 per day) the hotel stay at Rodeway Inn that includes transfers all around works very nicely.
Their Snooze & Cruise program picks up travelers at the airport, brings them to the hotel then on to the cruise ship at their preferred time. After sailing, the hotel picks them up at the pier and takes them to the airport.
Sailing from Miami? The Rodeway Inn can help with that too.
Hotel Day Room
Does Your Flight Leave After 2pm? Need a day stay room to relax before your flight? Fort Lauderdale hotel offers hotel day rooms at affordable rates. The Day Room package for 1-4 people includes free hotel transportation to and from Port Everglades Cruise Port and to and from Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood Airport (FLL), luggage storage, access to our gift ship, restaurant bar, and use of a hotel day room from 10am to 6pm. There are late night day rooms for an additional charge from 10am -10pm. There is an additional $10 charge for each additional person.
Also available: free shuttle service to and from Fort Lauderdale Airport and to and from Port Everglades Cruise Port. Free shuttle service starts early allowing guests to have the opportunity to reach their ship at the time they prefer, starting early in the morning. Late complimentary shuttle pick up from Fort Lauderdale Airport also available. An inexpensive shuttle service is also offered to and from Miami International Airport, Port of Miami, and many of Fort Lauderdale’s local restaurants and attractions.
Park, Stay, & Cruise Hotel
Hotel near Port Everglades Cruise Port gives travelers the convenience with our “Park, Stay, & Cruise Package”. When driving to Fort Lauderdale, this is the ideal park and cruise hotel near Port Everglades. A budget friendly package that helps travelers to avoid the long walks from parking garages to the Port Everglades cruise terminal with bulky luggage; the Park, Stay, & Cruise is ideal for cruisers, vacationers, business professionals, and other travelers.
The Park, Stay, & Cruise package allows up to 10 days of on-site complimentary parking. A complimentary shuttle service drops guests off directly in front of the terminal and upon return; the free shuttle will bring guests back to the hotel for their car. We are open 24 hours a day -7 days a week. Save with us and add additional parking days for 10$ a day for long term parking.
Just Minutes from Fort Lauderdale Airport
The Rodeway Inn is less than 15 minutes away from the Fort Lauderdale Airport and Port Everglades.
Whether awaiting a flight following a cruise, or killing time between widely spaced connections, Day Rooms are available, clean and affordable.
- $49.99 per day for four people.
- Available from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m.
- Add additional guests to your Day Room for $10 per day.
Use The Hotel Facilities
Hang out by the pool, dine in their restaurant, relax at a bar, or just relax in your room. We offer free shuttle service, free high-speed WiFi and free digital cable television. We’re the best day room hotel in Ft. Lauderdale!
Rodeway Inn’s Cruise Traveler-Friendly program addresses many commonly asked questions:
- Waiting for your flight : You say you arrived at 6 a.m. and don’t leave until midnight? With our free shuttle, it’s worth it to rent a room for the day. Arrive refreshed and relaxed!
- Waiting for your cruise : Gather your cruise crew together at our place for a few hours, then take our free shuttle to Port Everglades. Our luxurious pool area features real palm trees!
- Extending your stay : Regular room check-out at most hotels is 11 a.m. Late check-out usually is 2 p.m. We’re your affordable alternative to paying for another night!
- Conducting legitimate business : Perhaps you need a place to tidy up, maybe even rest, before your late-day meeting. If a Day Room helps you seal the deal, it’s a no-brainer!
- Storing your belongings : Drop your bags in your Day Room before shopping in Fort Lauderdale for the day, or hitting the beach. Don’t waste a lovely Florida day at the airport!
- Cruising from Fort Lauderdale but flying out of Miami? Spend the day with the Rodeway Inn and they will get you there on time. They have deals on shuttles to Miami Airport and shuttles to Port of Miami.
- Booking- Call 954-792-8181 to reserve your Day Room