Just back off Viking Cruises new Viking Star, we have taken some time to reflect on the experience and tag some moments as favorites. I asked Lisa all the usual questions; “what was your favorite thing to eat?” (soups, tea time, world cafe); “what was your favorite part of the whole trip?” (that there were so many places to sit and relax) (Kotor). Very quickly, it became quite apparent that there was a whole lot more going on here than the catalog description of an ocean cruise.
- The entire cruise experience was presented well from planning to getting home.
- There was no disparity between the promise of the cruise line and what they actually deliver.
- I felt comfortable at all times.
- The crew has time to talk. Appropriately, they are good at it.
- I liked that we rarely used our stateroom door key except as a door key.
- Included tours both appropriate and well-done.
Let’s look at some other highlights of the actual experience on Viking Star: places, people and events that were part of our daily routine.