CRUISE THE PLANET
New Carnival Vista will feature the first brewery at sea, continuing to build a solid foundation in the world of specialty beer. At the ship’s RedFrog Pub & Brewery, Carnival guests will have a choice of three distinctly flavored beers, brewed onboard. To move beyond simply having the ability to do it, Carnival went to Miami-based Concrete Beach Brewery for help.
Carnival Vista’s RedFrog Pub & Brewery is the result of a unique collaboration between Carnival and Miami-based Concrete Beach Brewery.
Concrete Beach is a subsidiary of The Boston Beer Company, home to other such popular breweries around the country, including Angel City Brewery in Los Angeles and Coney Island Brewing Co. in Brooklyn, N.Y. Those beers will be:
- ThirstyFrog Port Hoppin’ IPA offers aromatic, floral and hoppy notes with passion fruit and citrus overtones
- ThirstyFrog Caribbean Wheat is an unfiltered lager with aromas of bananas and spices
- FriskyFrog Java Stout is a take on a traditional stout, rich and creamy with hints of coffee.
The three beers to be featured on Carnival Vista are in addition to other Concrete Beach Brewery’s
- Rica Wheat IPA,
- Angel City Brewery’s Pilsner,
- Coney Island’s Hard Root Beer
- 1609 Amber
Regionally, Carnival ships carry local beers reflective of the places from which they sail.
- Miami-based ships feature Concrete Beach Stiltsville Miami-style Pilsner
- Long Beach, California–based ships offer Angel City Brewery IPA
- New York City ships are stocked with Coney Island Mermaid Pilsner.
The line also offers beers brewed either locally in homeports or within the homeport state on ships sailing from New Orleans, Galveston, Baltimore and Tampa, as well as ships that sail to Alaska and Hawaii.
The local focus of Carnival Cruise Line in the arena of spirits is consistent with that of sister Holland America Line. Considered Seattle’s hometown cruise line, Holland America partners with local sports teams and Chateaux Ste Michelle winery on a variety of fronts.