Carnival Legend recently returned to the Port of Tampa after a remodeling project that included all the usual maintenance performed while in dry dock. Standard ship upgrades, along with new carpeting, tile work and wall coverings were added, much like most ships get when this is done. Unlike other dry dock’s, Carnival Legend received a broad stroke of the FunShip 2.0 brush, changing the landscape of the popular Carnival cruise ship.
“With these enhancements we’ve made a terrific ship even better, adding an exhilarating water attraction, as well as a variety of fantastic new dining, bar and entertainment options,” said Gerry Cahill, Carnival president and CEO.
New features on Carnival Legend include:
- WaterWorks, an aqua park highlighted by Green Thunder – the only attraction of its kind in North America that features an 187-foot-long slide with a pulse-pounding 34-foot-long drop where riders obtain speeds of up to 25 miles per hour; WaterWorks also features the 214-foot-long Twister slide, as well as a splash zone with various spray toys, dual mini-racing slides, and a 150-gallon PowerDrencher tipping bucket
- RedFrog Pub, a Caribbean-themed watering hole where guests can relax with the Caribbean’s best rums and beers – along with Carnival’s own ThirstyFrog Red private label draft brew – and enjoy live music while soaking up the distinct British-West-Indies-meets-Key-West ambiance
- Bonsai Sushi, a full-service sushi restaurant offering delicious Asian-inspired delicacies — sushi, sashimi, rolls and more, along with popular beers and cocktails from the region — all enjoyed amidst a contemporary Far East decor
- Cherry On Top, a “candy and more store” which celebrates the joys of simple indulgences with bins of bulk candy, fun fanciful gifts and novelties, custom apparel and more
- Hasbro, The Game Show, where guests are part of the show through a series of larger-than-life productions and entertainment activities based on the company’s iconic and popular games
- Playlist Productions, which builds upon Carnival’s reputation for high quality entertainment, combining captivating live performances and high-tech special effects, all set to popular and recognizable songs
“Carnival Legend offers an incredible array of on-board choices and we’re looking forward to working with our travel agent partners in marketing this newly enhanced ‘Fun Ship’ to consumers,” added Cahill.
Carnival Legend will continue sailing from Tampa through Aug. 17, then embark on a 13-day Panama Canal transit before a 23-day trans-Pacific voyage departing Long Beach Aug. 30, and arriving in Sydney, Australia Sept. 22, 2014, positioning the vessel for a seasonal program of eight- to 12-day cruises featuring destinations throughout New Caledonia, Vanuatu and Fiji.