ENGAGE YOUR PLANET
Carnival Corporation is the world’s largest leisure travel company with nine global cruise line brands that earned 556 travel industry awards in 2017. For consumers looking for award-winning cruise lines, Carnival Corp awards note areas where the family of brands exceeded guest expectations in total overall value, the ships themselves, onboard entertainment, shore excursions, itineraries, nightlife and more.
We focus on exceeding guest expectations in everything we do, so each of these awards is a strong testament to the success of our collective efforts to provide the world’s best vacation experiences at an exceptional value. – Roger Frizzell, chief communications officer for Carnival Corporation
The Carnival Corporation family of brands had an especially strong showing in the industry’s top awards programs, including:
- 144 Cruise Critic awards
- 51 Travel Weekly awards
- 29 Porthole Cruise awards
- 26 USA Today 10Best Readers’ Choice Awards and
- 17 Condé Nast Traveler awards
Carnival Corp Awards Highlights by brand
- AIDA Cruises received the Favorite Ship recognition for AIDAprima as part of the International German Cruise Awards.
- Carnival Cruise Line was named Most Trusted Cruise Line in America by Reader’s Digest for the third consecutive year, and took home 10 USA Today 10Best Readers’ Choice 2017 Awards, including Best Ocean Cruise Line and Best Cruise Line for Millennials.
- Costa Cruiseswas honored for Best Mediterranean Itineraries by the Porthole Cruise 19th Annual Readers’ Choice Awards and had two distinctions in Travel + Leisure’s World’s Best Awards.
- Cunard received 13 Cruise Critic awards including the Cruise Critic 2017 Cruisers’ Choice Award for Best Cruise Ships for Public Rooms, Large Ships for its iconic Queen Mary 2 ocean liner.
- Holland America Line was honored with nearly 60 Cruise Critic awards, and its Half Moon Cay was named Best Private Island for the 17th year in a row by Porthole Cruise Magazine.
- P&O Cruises (Australia) was recognized for Best Australia Itineraries by the Porthole Cruise Readers’ Choice Awards and received the National Institute of Travel Agents 2017 award for Best Cruise Operator in New Zealand.
- P&O Cruises (UK)was honored with two British Travel Awards 2017 distinctions, including Best Family Cruise Line, and won the Consumer Award for Favorite Ocean Cruise by Travel Weekly’s Globe Travel Awards.
- Princess Cruises was recognized with six Travvy Awards, including Best Cruise Line in Alaska and Asia, and received six Travel Weekly Magellan Awards including gold for the production show in partnership with Stephen Schwartz, “Born To Dance.” The line’s newest ship, Majestic Princess, received seven China CTrip Cruiser’s Choice Awards for onboard features.
- Seabourn Encore was chosen as Robb Report’s Best of the Best 2017 for Slow Travel and was named Best Small Ships Cruise Line in Condé Nast Traveler’s 2017 Readers’ Choice Awards.