Once a trip is booked, we consider it In Progress and begin writing about it from planning to sailing. Trips we’re thinking and/or dreaming about won’t be here. Starting as far in advance as possible, we research every cruise line, even if it is one we are quite familiar with. That effort brings a number of in progress posts, leading up to the sailing itself.
Holland America Line
Share the Adventure Cruise to Alaska
This one looks to be a stellar event.
Holland America Line has partnered with O, The Oprah Magazine on an exciting initiative to pair the life-changing, eye-opening wonder of travel with the soulful, inspiring content found in every issue of the magazine. July 15 is the seven-day inaugural Share the Adventure Cruise to Alaska on ms Eurodam.
This unforgettable voyage will feature a number of special events:
- Oprah Winfrey will be on board for two days;
- Presentations by O, The Oprah Magazine Editor-at-Large Gayle King, Editor-in-Chief Lucy Kaylin and Creative Director Adam Glassman;
- Grammy Award-winning singer and songwriter India.Arie
- Motivational speaker and fitness evangelist Angela Davis
- Author, activist and speaker Glennon Doyle from the Supersoul 100
- New York Times best-selling novelist Elizabeth Strout
- Celebrity comedian Rita Rudner
- Q&A session with many of the invited speakers such as Gayle, Lucy and Adam
- Q&A session with the ship’s captain and senior officers
- A behind-the-scenes look at the magazine by Gayle and Lucy
- a “Love That!” style presentation by Adam
- “Let’s Eat” healthy eating workshops
- Meaningful meditation sessions and more.
Oh, and there’s Alaska too. During the cruise, the ship will call at Juneau, Sitka and Ketchikan, Alaska, and Victoria, British Columbia, with scenic cruising in Glacier Bay.