When Princess Cruises new Royal Princess sets sail in June 2013, Anytime and Traditional-style dining rooms will have a more contemporary look and feature special private dining rooms with a wrap around wine cellar among other unique features. To highlight all the new ship has to offer, Princess Cruises recently released a new brochure, available for download.
Royal Princess’ expanded atrium is designed to enhance the lively street-café atmosphere passengers have become accustomed to on current Princess ships. With more open space for viewing live entertainment in the Piazza from decks 6 and 7, as well as new venues that appear to float mid-air, this new atrium represents a prototype design that builds on the line’s classic style. Atrium features include:
- International Café As on most Princess Cruises ships, the International Café on Royal Princess will be serving fresh-baked pastries, panini sandwiches, salads, fresh-baked cookies specialty coffees, and sweet desserts, but aboard Royal Princess this favorite venue will have an expanded seating area and an eye-catching new lighting feature, making it the perfect area to grab a light meal, meet friends for coffee or enjoy an a snack while watching the array of Piazza entertainers.
- Celebrations Gift Shop– A new shopping stop, Celebrations will offer gifts especially for passengers celebrating a special occasion, or those looking for a well-deserved indulgence. Passengers will find premium chocolates, colorful flower arrangements, and other gift items perfect for someone enjoying a special day.
- Gelato- For a delicious desert or afternoon delight, Royal Princess’ gelateria will serve up a variety of tempting treats such as designer sundaes, sweet crespelle (Italian crepes), creamy fruit smoothies, frosty shakes, and delightful homemade waffle ice cream cones.
- Vines-A Princess passenger favorite, Vines wine bar will be pouring as many as 30 different wines by the glass, plus serving up an selection of tapas or sushi to accompany the many vintages. Passengers can also find favorite bottles for purchase or a gift for their favorite wine lover at Vines shop.
- Bar Piazza and Tea Tower- This classic cocktail bar complements the Piazza vibe by offering an endless array of “anything you can think of” libations, complemented by a twin tea tower of artisan-crafted varieties and infusions for custom creations with over 300 possibilities.
- Mini-Piazza with Water Feature– Just adjacent to the Piazza, a sparkling water feature will set off an extension area featuring the Passenger Services Desk and Shore Excursion Desk. This dazzling Mini-Piazza will provide a special atmosphere for passengers making a visit to ask questions of Princess’ gracious crew members.
- Sabatini’s- Also located in the Mini-Piazza will be Princess’ signature Tuscan-inspired specialty restaurant, Sabatini’s. Known for its celebrated pastas, seafood and Italian specialties, Sabatini’s will feature a fresh menu of sophisticated Italian favorites with an a la carte experience. With a refined yet casual Italian ambiance, Sabatini’s offers attentive personal service and the feeling of having just stepped into a ristorante in the heart of Tuscany.
- Bellini’s- This brand new Italian-inspired cocktail venue is a perfect place to enjoy the lively atmosphere of the atrium’s activities, while indulging in a Bellini-inspired drink. Passengers will also enjoy views of the Piazza below in this “floating” space.
- Alfredo’s- After quickly becoming a passenger favorite since its debut aboard Grand Princess, Alfredo’s Pizzeria has kept up Princess Cruises reputation for serving the best pizza at sea. Aboard Royal Princess the sit-down restaurant will feature an expanded menu and more spacious seating, perfect for enjoying the fresh toppings and crisp crusts of a personal pizza right from the eatery’s stone oven.
- Photo and Video Gallery-Now conveniently located in the atrium, the Photo and Video Gallery will offer new high-tech digital photo stations to help passengers easily find their images.
- Ocean Terrace- The new Ocean Terrace seafood bar will offer pearls of the ocean, fresh from the sea. Seafood lovers can indulge in an array of treats, including sushi, sashimi, ceviche and caviar in a space that seems to be floating over the atrium levels below.
- Crooners- An expanded Crooners Bar will not only offer the venue’s famous menu of 75 different martinis and classic 1960s-style “Rat Pack” atmosphere, but also a new entertainment option with dueling glass pianos for a lively show to go with the breathtaking views.
Some additional new features found aboard will be an over-water SeaWalk, a top-deck glass-bottomed enclosed walkway on the ship’s starboard side extending more than 28 feet beyond the edge of the vessel, and the similarly-unique cantilevered SeaView bar, featuring cocktails with unbeatable vistas. Also on her top decks, Royal Princess will feature a new adults-only pool surrounded by seven plush private cabanas that appear to be floating on the water, two additional pools, a dazzling water and light show, an expanded version of Princess’ signature adults-only haven, The Sanctuary, and the popular poolside theater, Movies Under the Stars.